ONE FINAL DANCE

Emily Blevins, News Editor

This past Friday, March 20, Heritage High School hosted the 2017 Spring Dance Spectacular for dance teams from various schools within Catoosa County including Ringgold Elementary, Woodstation Elementary, Heritage Middle, and Heritage High. There were two separate times that the showcase was performed; one was during the end of the school day and the other began around 7 p.m. that evening. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the evening showing and see most of the acts. I have been to one of the showcases hosted by HHS in the past, when my little sister performed with her elementary school dance team and it was a very fun experience. To me, it seems that the showcase production has only improved more and more since then.

As mentioned before, this event features schools from an elementary level all the way up to high school seniors. Each year, this showcase in particular holds a very special meaning for the seniors of Heritage that perform in it, because it is their very last performance as a 5-Star dancer; this year’s seniors included seniors Kassidie Armour, Megan Kibble, Genna Parker, Hailey Thompson, and Jada Tipton. Additionally, because I am also a senior this year, it was really awesome to see my friends and their final dances. “Friday night was a night I’ll never forget. I’ve enjoyed dancing with the seniors so much, and it meant so much to me to do it one last time with them,” senior 5-Star, Genna Parker, stated as she reflected on this final night. Another 5-Star, Jada Tipton, who has also been on the team for Heritage since middle school, stated that “Dance is all I’ve ever known and I can’t imagine my life without dance in it. These last performances will forever be remembered as one of the best nights of my life.” At the end of the showcase, when they had the final curtain call, it was such a bittersweet moment for all of them to look out into the crowd of their family and friends, and bow in front of them one last time.

I genuinely enjoyed getting to attend this event, and I am so proud of how well each act performed. I am so glad that Heritage is able to provide a space for the dance teams to put on this showcase each year, and I am sure that this night will be very memorable for everyone who was a part of it.