SUMMER CAMPS?!

SUMMER CAMPS?!

M. Patten & S. Thompson

Makaela Patten, Staff Writer

This summer the Heritage High School faculty and student will be hosting several summer camp activities for the children on our campus. The summer camp options that we will be hosting is Volleyball Camp, Art Kids Camp, Dance Camp, and Cheer Camp.

Volleyball Camp will take place at the Heritage High School gym May 30th-June 1st from 5:30-7:30pm. The camp will be available for any upcoming 6, 7, and 8 graders for the 2017-2018 year and will be managed by HHS coaches and players. It will only cost 30 dollars and will focus on the fundamentals of volleyball, technique, skills, general rules, and positioning.

Art Kids Camp will take place in the art rooms (close to the gym entrance) at Heritage High School June 5th-9th from 9:00 am to noon for upcoming Kindergarten through 6th grade students. The cost to attend is 120 dollars and includes free materials, a t-shirt, camp photo, certificate, and at least 6 works of art.

Dance Camp will take place at Heritage High School June 19-21 from 9am-1pm and will be open to children ages 3-12. The total cost is 50 dollars which includes a free t-shirt. The camp activities will include dancing (mix of ballet, jazz, and hip-hop) as well as dance-related activities, and there is no previous dance experience required. There will be a performance on the final camp say (June 21) at 12 pm in the HHS theater.

Cheer Camp will take place at the Heritage High School Gym June 28-30 from 9am-12pm and will be opened to children ages 4-12. The total cost is 50 dollars which includes a free t-shirt. They will be taught motions, jumps, cheers, and a dance. They will also be provided snacks and make crafts. They will have a final showcase at 12:15 on the last day of camp.

These camps are great opportunities for children in our area to have fun and spend quality time on activities that interest them. Registration forms and flyers along with any other information on the camps will be available at Heritage High School’s website.