GRILLED, NOT BOILED

L. Gruenberg

L. Gruenberg

L. Gruenberg

Lauren Gruenberg, Entertainment Writer

I truly believe that boiled shrimp is the absolute worst way to cook shrimp. Once shrimp is boiled, it becomes runny and has that slimy, yuck texture that might possibly make some people (and definitely myself) want to gag. When I wish to eat shrimp alfredo pasta, I do not want my shrimp to be slimy: I wish for it to be well cooked, to have great texture, and to taste amazing! The preferred way that I like my shrimped to be cooked on the grill with seasoned salt and pepper, with no pink, and with some lemon juice from an actual lemon squeezed onto it. I don’t necessarily care what size the shrimp are when served with my Alfredo pasta, but I want it well-cooked and seasoned.  Eating alfredo pasta is already (in some cases) slimy—well, not necessarily slimy, but it has a texture where someone can slurp a noodle into their mouth. BUT I do not wish to eat Alfredo pasta with slimy shrimp, because it makes the shrimp taste weird and ruins the flavor of the pasta for me! I want grilled seasoned shrimp with my alfredo pasta—nothing more, nothing less. I do not want it any other way. To me, boiled shrimp is the worst possible way to cook shrimp: it should either be grilled, roasted, or even prepared on a pan on any stove. Of course, good seasoning should be added too, like a cajun flavor, sweet flavor, or any other kind. This does NOT apply to boiled shrimp because there is no way to revive the flavor or possibly make it taste good! My advice? DO NOT BOIL SHRIMP.

Lauren Gruenberg, Entertainment Writer

Lauren Gruenberg is a senior at Heritage High School, and it’s also her first year as a contributing member of The General Journal staff. She has lived...

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

TACO.

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

A SONG FOR A BUMPY ROAD

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE . . .

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

OOPS MAK DID IT AGAIN

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

CASSIE THE COOKIE MONSTER

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

WHY STEM

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

ONE LAST PERFORMANCE

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

MOVING ON UP

• GRILLED, NOT BOILED

Editorials

WHY ROSS IS THE WORST

GRILLED, NOT BOILED