What’s Going On? (August/September Edition)

John Hurst, Staff Writer

Chattanooga Events

Lee Brice: Label Me Proud Tour 2022 (08/27) Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium, Chattanooga, TN 

Lee says, “Man, it feels good to announce this tour! It’s been a while since we’ve all been back out on the road and to have my good buddies, Michael Ray, Tim Montana, Tyler Farr, and Jackson Dean.”

Alice Cooper  (09/25)Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium, Chattanooga, TN 

Alice Cooper pioneered a grandly theatrical brand of hard rock that was designed to shock. Drawing equally from horror movies, vaudeville, and garage rock, the group created a stage show that featured electric chairs, guillotines, fake blood and boa constrictors. He continues to tour regularly, performing shows worldwide with the dark and horror-themed theatrics that he’s best known for.

St. Paul and The Broken Bones (09/23) The Signal, Chattanooga, TN

A fever dream in sonic form, St. Paul & The Broken Bones’ new album The Alien Coast represents the most adventurous and original output yet from an ever-evolving musical powerhouse. In a profound shift for the Alabama-bred eight-piece—Paul Janeway (vocals), Jesse Phillips (bass), Browan Lollar (guitar), Kevin Leon (drums), Al Gamble (keyboards), Allen Branstetter (trumpet), Chad Fisher (trombone), and Amari Ansari (saxophone)—the band’s fourth full-length and first for ATO Records strays far from the time-bending soul of past work like their 2014 debut, arriving at a convergence of rock & roll and R&B, psychedelia and funk. At turns explosive, elegant, and unhinged, that sound makes for a majestic backdrop to St. Paul & The Broken Bones’ visceral exploration of the strangest dimensions of the human psyche.

Micro Wrestling Returns to Chattanooga, TN! (09/24) Chattanooga Convention Center

The Micro Wrestling Federation is a full-scale, WWE type event supported by an entire cast under five feet tall. It’s going to be pandemonium as the Micro Wrestlers body slam, bear hug, and headlock throughout an evening of nonstop action. Here is what you can expect:

Two Single Matches: Who are the toughest Micro Wrestlers? Come find out!Micro Brawl: Body slams, suplexes, and punches to the face can take place anywhere in the venue! Get ready for up-close and personal Micro action!

Micro Rumble: The Micro superstars enter the squared circle and stand tiny toe-to-tiny toe against one another in the main event! The belt is on the line and only one Micro wrestler will leave as champion.

Become a Micro Mayhemer, sign up for our newsletter, and hit us with a Like on www.MicroWrestling.com.

Steve Byrne Comedy Show (08/25) The Comedy Catch At The Choo Choo Steve Byrne has risen through the ranks of the comedy world to become one of the industry’s most innovative and sought-after performers. He has evolved throughout the years into an extremely versatile entertainer that delivers on a day-to-day basis. Hailing from Pittsburgh, PA, Steve Byrne was born to a Korean mother and an Irish father. His unique background gave him the base comedic material for his first television show, Sullivan & Son, which aired for 3 seasons on TBS.

Ringgold Events

Our Town: Ringgold Depot (08/25)

Described by Edward Albee as “the greatest American play ever written,” Our Town presents the small town of Grover’s Corners in three acts: “Daily Life,” “Love and Marriage” and “Death and Eternity.” Narrated by a stage manager and performed with minimal props and sets, the play depicts the simple daily lives of the Webb and Gibbs families as their children fall in love, marry, and eventually – in one of the most famous scenes in American theater – die. Thornton Wilder’s final word on how he wanted his play performed is an invaluable addition to the American stage and to the libraries of theater lovers internationally.

Backwater Still At Farm To Fork (09/2)

We’re back at Farm to Fork in north Georgia for a night of southern rock and country classics. Come for the food, stay for the music, or vice versa. Whatever brings you out, we hope to see you there.

5th Annual Butterfly Festival Heritage High School (09/6)

We will be hosting our 5th annual Butterfly Festival to raise funds for the ongoing work of Live and Love Ministries. This is a family friendly event in memory of our daughter Katie Beth Carter, who ran ahead to heaven on Sept. 5, 2016. There will be live music, crafts, face painting, inflatables, games, a petting zoo, vendors, an art auction, and a balloon/butterfly release. Plan to bring your family ($10/person, $50 max/family) and enjoy a day filled with lots of fun! We hope to see you there!

TRP Comedy Club at the Ringgold Depot (09/16)

Join us for a night of improv and stand-up comedy at The Historic Ringgold Depot!

Chase Race Series at Boyds Speedway (09/16)

The Chase Race Series returns to Boyd’s Speedway for race #5 in the Series. Six (6) Races for $11k in Bonus Money plus we give away a Crate 604 motor and a Crate 602 motor. Over $23k in prize money above the purse to win!

Atlanta Events 

The Lumineers (08/26) State Farm Arena Atlanta, Georgia

Denver, Colorado’s The Lumineers released their eponymous debut album through Nashville’s Dualtone in 2012. The triple platinum album garnered two GRAMMY nominations and spawned the chart-topping platinum singles, “Ho Hey” and “Stubborn Love”. The band also served as Saturday Night Live’s musical guest on January 19, 2013.After years of touring the world in support of their debut album, the band released the follow up Cleopatra on Dualtone, in 2016. The platinum album debuted #1 on both Billboard’s Top 200 Albums Chart and the UK Albums Chart and featured the gold title track as well as the platinum single, “Ophelia”. The tour in support of Cleopatra included two sold out shows at Madison Square Garden and one at the Hollywood Bowl.

GOO GOO DOLLS (08/28) Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park

Grammy-nominated rockers Goo Goo Dolls are coming to Atlanta for their brand new Miracle Pill Tour! See them live at Cadence Bank Amphitheatre on Aug 28, 2022.

The Killers (09/16) State Farm Arena

The Killers will be heading back to the road to celebrate both Pressure Machine and Imploding The Mirage, along with their much-loved catalog of global hits, in 2022. 

$uicideboy$ with Ski Mask The Slump God (09/24)

Suicideboys is happening on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 06:30 PM EDT at Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood

Kevin Hart at Statefarm Arena (09/9)

Today, Pollstar’s comedy touring artist of the decade KEVIN HART brings fans a special Valentine’s Day gift with the announcement of his first major tour in over four years. The Reality Check Tour, produced by Live Nation, begins this July and will bring the comedic icon to over 30 arenas across North America, including stops in Atlanta at the award-winning State Farm Arena on Sept. 8 and 9.