So What Is the College & Career Academy?

Brooklynn Henson, Staff Writer

The Catoosa County College and Career Academy will be opening in August of 2023! This amazing opportunity is open to the upcoming juniors and seniors who want to complete a work-pathway or take dual enrollment classes. Bradford says, “The College and Career Academy opens up some areas for career class that we haven’t been able to offer students at Heritage.” There are many benefits for students who choose to complete the work pathway, students are guaranteed interviews with companies partnered with the school. Also, students who don’t want to drive to Dalton State can take classes at the College and Career Academy to take academic college classes. Any student who chooses to take these classes can still be involved with the Heritage community. Students will have a half day at Heritage then go to the College and Career Academy giving Catoosa County students the opportunity for free college courses and a head start on their careers. The state of Georgia will pay for up to 30 hours of dual enrollment college courses while a student is in high school. For academic requirements, students must have a 2.0 GPA and be on track to graduate to participate in a career pathway. To take dual enrollment classes there are some requirements, Dalton State requires at least a 3.0 GPA and minimum PSAT/ACT/SAT score. If you would like more information about the College and Career Academy email Mrs. Hunt with any questions!