The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Heritage’s New Teachers: Introducing Mrs. Bailey

M. Petteys

About 25 minutes away from here, Mrs. Bailey grew up in Dade County, Georgia. After graduating from Dade County High School in 2004, she went on to earn her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, and later a Masters in public administration. 

This is actually Mrs. Bailey’s first year working as a teacher. Before becoming a teacher here, Mrs. Bailey worked for the Southeast Lineman Training Center in emissions. Although it was a fulfilling job, she felt like she had better options that interested her more. 

In her short time as a teacher here, Mrs. Bailey has noticed how important teacher student relationships are. What she is looking forward to most for this coming year is “working with students and being a positive influence in their lives.” 

Outside of her job here, Mrs. Bailey also has an important role at home as the mother to her two children Elijah (six) and Joanna (four). She is also married to her husband David. Although it can sometimes be stressful, her favorite thing to do outside of school is to be with her family and go on random adventures together.

Mrs. Bailey is a very kind and outgoing person. If you see her in the hallways, or have her as a teacher, make sure to make her feel welcome. Mrs. Bailey is going to be a very special addition to the Heritage High School staff, and will absolutely make this school a better place!