The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Heritage’s New Teachers: Coach Fleming is Ready to Go

M. Petteys

Coach Fleming is a super big addition to the staff here at Heritage. He is very knowledgeable not only about the sport of football but also a very smart and respectable guy. Outside of just coaching football, Coach Fleming is also a new Social Studies teacher here at the HHS. 

Coach Fleming spent the first years of his life near Marietta, Georgia. He graduated high school in 2002 in Marietta, Georgia. After that, Coach Fleming went on to play four years of football at Carson-Newman University. 

Coach Fleming spent more time than he would like to admit coaching at Ringgold as an Offensive Coordinator. He took pride in coaching and calling plays on offense. He later moved on to be an Offensive Line coach at Cleveland High School in Tennessee. After coaching on one side of the ball for so long, Coach Fleming decided it was time to move elsewhere. He explained that,, “I am always looking for a new challenge.” Because of this, he took a new job as our defensive line coach here at the high school. 

Coach Fleming has three kids at home with his wife, Tammy. His wife still teaches at Ringgold. Just by being around him, he shows himself to be a true family man. If Coach Fleming is half as good of a teacher as he is a man( and a coach) he will be a great addition to our staff.