The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

You Belong in the Swiftie Society: Swiftie Society Club Spotlight

Maryetta Williams

Heritage has welcomed a new club; The Swiftie Society—a society of highly passionate women who admire the one and only T-Swift. The sponsor of this club, Ms. Shearer, is the perfect representative of what Swifties should stand for. She is a huge Taylor Swift fan and just wants others to learn more about this artist in an exciting and positive way. “People who may not have friends with the same interests as them can come in here and find other Swifties,” Shearer said. Taylor Swift’s most listened to song is “Blank Space” with 2,229,000 streams. Her albums in order consist of “Taylor Swift Debut” (2006), “Fearless” (2008), “Speak Now” (2010), “Red” (2012), “1989” (2014), “Reputation” (2017), “Lover” (2019), “Folklore” (2020), “Evermore” (2020), and “Midnights” (2022); this is not counting her re-released (Taylor’s Version) albums. One of the main focuses of this club are listening parties. Shearer shared, “Taylor’s Version ‘1989’ is coming out on October 27th, and I’m gonna host a big listening party for the club members.” Her favorite song is “This Is Me Trying” off of “Folklore.” There is such a range of different styles and moods of music in Taylor Swift’s Albums. If you are thinking about joining this exciting society of swifties, stop by Ms. Shearer’s room!