The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

What’s Going On? (October Edition)

Check out this list to see what events are going on in YOUR local area this October!
Hai

Ringgold Events:

Fall Festival– Oct 7

Enjoy Inflatables, Hay Ride and Food and Craft Vendors, the Duck Derby by Communities in Schools and games and treats at some vendors, Saturday, October 7th, 3-6pm, Jack Mattox Park, Ringgold

Storytime– Oct 4

Enjoy a good story at the public library!

Halloween Havoc– October 28

10/28 TSFA HALLOWEEN HAVOC @JACK MATTOX PARK /STEPHENS PARK (BOYNTON)RINGGOLD GA SATURDAY

Trunk or Treat– Oct 31

Great news ghouls, goblins, ninjas, and fairies! The Catoosa County Library is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting our 4th Annual Trunk or Treat event this year!

Pro Leads Group Meeting– Oct 25

Every Wednesday Morning at 8:30, we give our members a chance to network with other members to share leads, connect, and live life together through Leads Groups.

Chattanooga Events:

Fall Festival– Oct 14

We are proud to host our first-ever Fall Festival community event! It’s a fantastic opportunity to showcase the best of local art and craftsmanship, while also raising funds for our cause.

Pumpkin Carving Fall Festival– Oct 15

Pumpkin carving party/contest! This event is FREE to attend and open to the public!

Halloween Create & Paint Party | Family Workshop – Oct 27

Friday, October 27 Single Class 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM $40 per family No SCCA member discount will be applied Put down the iPad & join us in the classroom space for a unique experience.

Festivus Games October 2023 @ Rising Point Fitness– Oct 21

Grab your besties and jump in the Oct 21st 2023 Festivus Games!

Chattanooga Comic Con 2023– Oct 21

10/21/23-10/22-23 Chattanooga Convention Center More gaming, more vendors, more cosplay, more guests! Join us for the 2nd annual Chattanooga Comic Con for a weekend of celebrating geek culture.

Atlanta Events:

Boo at the Zoo – Oct 21

It’s that time of year when Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns! Get ready for Halloween at Boo at the Zoo, the family-friendly Atlanta Halloween Event.

Midtown Halloween Block Party– Oct 27

Dress up for a night of fantasy and mischief at the Midtown Halloween Block Party with 30+ participating clubs, bars & restaurants. Atlanta’s Largest Halloween Party.

The Great Trick or Treat– Oct 29

Join us for our annual family fall trick-or-treat event in Goizueta Gardens. Come stroll through our gardens with your little ones to gather early Halloween candy and enjoy entertainment.

Children’s Museum of Atlanta’s Annual Trick-or-Treat– Oct 21

Families have an exciting lineup ahead, featuring spooky and enjoyable crafts, a costume parade, DJ Dewayne, trick-or-treating and other thrilling activities!

Wild West Halloween Party– Oct 28

HALLOWEEN PARTY is happening on Saturday October 28 2023 at 06 30PM EDT at Rendezvous Event Center Banquet Hall II LLC.

Nashville Events:

Zombie Crawl Broadway – Oct 28

Halloween Night, crawl down Broadway with hundreds of other zombies! Join us on this epic Bar Crawl in Nashville to celebrate Halloween!

2023 Halloween Chills and Thrills in the Campground – Oct 28

Welcome to our annual “Chills and Thrills” in the Campground at Cedars of Lebanon State Park 2023. We plan to have a “ghostly” time!

Candlelight: A Haunted Evening of Halloween Classics– Oct 20

Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations like never seen before in Nashville.

Halloween weekend #1– Oct 20

Join us for a creepy-crawly good time with monstrous amounts of fun! Book your stay today here.

Trunk or Treat– Oct 31

Trunk or Treat returns to Plaza Mariachi this year in cooperation with the Metro Nashville Police Department. This is an outdoor event.

Heritage Events:

Pep Rally- Oct 20

Football at HOME vs. NW Whitfield- Oct 20 

7:30PM- 10PM

Fall Break- Oct 9- Oct 13

Pep Rally- Oct 27

Football Senior Night- Oct 7PM