The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Dropping Into Fortnite’s OG Season

From PC to console players, Fortnite has been a giant hit since its 2017 release. However, can this award winning game bring back some of its old players with its “OG Season?”
Thomas Scherzer

Landing into the epic new season of Fortnite is an experience that you can’t get enough of.  The new season has given the rather tragic, dying game a rise that is nostalgic to it’s beginning, reaching a height of 5.8 million active players of this new season. To begin with, Fortnite is a game that is a part of the battle royale genre, meaning you land onto an island with 99 other players to compete till one remains and annihilates all other players. The 2017 game has had many changes since it’s battle royale release, including an every evolving player-base. The game’s evolution has made the player base entirely different, making it geared towards new players. With old veterans not liking the way the game progressed for quite some time, many have quit, which dropped the games popularity exponentially.

The new season, however, is a direct replication of the original popular Fortnite season. The game has seemingly made a comeback with its gameplay. So, how good is the game? The new season’s gameplay is definitely refreshing, and a lot of fun. When joining up with friends, it’s extremely exciting. When asking other people who have played the video game, many have given similar answers. Sophomore Chloe Fowler said, “I really like the golf carts and driving them and playing with my brothers.”  Along the same lines, Sophomore Brice Kingsley said, “The new season reminds me a lot of the old and is fun to play.” The new season has brought lots of excitement, despite the season ending on December third; so while you have the time, find a way to get hold of this rare fun!