The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

The Other T.S.: Introducing Taelor Snyder

Taelor Snyder is a current freshman here at Heritage High School. She enjoys hanging out with her friends, eating Taco Bell, and going to church. When she’s not doing any of those things, she’s with her second family.

Snyder’s biggest inspiration, she said, is “my best friend’s mom, Darby Anderson.” Snyder’s mom wasn’t in her life very much, but fortunately she had another mother figure. Snyder met Darby’s daughter, Addi, in the third grade. “Actually, it was the summer before third grade,” Snyder said. “I asked her to come over and play ‘Dead Fish’ in my backyard.” From then on, Snyder and Addi “hung out all the time, and I would just show up at her house.” According to Snyder, Darby Anderson is one of the sweetest, most caring people she has ever met. She has never failed to make Snyder feel unwelcome at her home, and she loves Snyder unconditionally.

When she’s not with her other family, she is with her dad. Snyder and her dad have an unbreakable bond, even though sometimes her dad gets on her nerves. The thing they like to do together is go get food. One place you will most likely find them is Taco Bell. Taco Bell is Snyder’s favorite food, and she talks non-stop about it. She said, “Taco Bell is literally the love of my life.” 

Snyder also enjoys listening to music. She has a variety of music. She loves country, rap, and pop R&B. Her favorite artists are Drake, Zach Bryan, and Luke Combs. “Luke Combs just has a realness in his voice that you can hear in every song and it’s just the best,” Snyder said.  This past spring, Snyder got to visit the Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee, with her friend Bre Roberts to see Luke Combs. “It was so exciting and just such a thrill to just see him perform live,” she said.

Snyder also loves anything related to Jesus. Every Sunday night, she goes to Rock Bridge Church in Ringgold, GA. Snyder first started going to Rock Bridge in September 2022. She first learned about the church from her friends Abby Byous and Bre Roberts, and ever since then she’s been going non-stop. She is very passionate about her faith life and hopes to serve in many ways. Snyder just recently got baptized. “I just felt happiness and bliss now that I was fully devoted to Jesus,” she said. Snyder loves spreading the word about Jesus and does it every chance she gets.

Snyder is definitely one of those people you want to befriend in school. She just makes everything fun and has an affectionate personality. There is never a dull moment around Snyder and you never know what Snyder you’ll get. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that she won’t achieve great things with her time here at Heritage.