The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

What’s Going On? (April Edition)

From Country music to monster trucks, there is something for everyone going on in April.
Spencer Cordle

Heritage 

Heritage Choir Concert @ HHS – April 12th

JV Baseball Vs Silverdale @ HHS – April 13th

Girls Soccer Playoffs @ HHS – April 18th

Moonlight Serenade @ HHS – April 20th

Elementary Track Meet @ HHS – April 30th

Ringgold

Joys Antique Junk Market @ Joys – April 19th-20th

For thrifters, get some fun vintage trinkets and clothing from Joys Antique market! More information available on the link provided.

Big Gun: AC/DC Tribute Band @ The Colonnade – April 20th

AC/DC is ranked 72 out of 100 for all time artists by Rolling Stones Magazine. To see a tribute band live, go to the Colonnade on the 20th.

ASL Basics @ Catoosa County Library – April 23rd

Learning a new language is fun and educational! To get some basics down, go to the library.

Paws to Read @ Catoosa County Library – April 25th

For all the animal lovers, especially those who love to read, check out this event. 

Live @ Farm To Fork – April 27th

Dinner and a show! Enjoy some great food and music on the 27th.

Chattanooga

Chattanooga Autism Celebration Walk @ Coolidge Park – April 13th

April is Autism Awareness Month, to celebrate, attend this walk!

Shelly Belly Comedy @ The Chattanooga Catch – April 21st

For comedy lovers, check out Shelly Belly at the Chattanooga Catch.

Beethoven No. 9 @ Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Stadium – April 11th

Classical music is a world wide thrill, to potentially see it live, look into this event!

Sweet Tea & Sunshine Festival @ 775 Raider Dr. –  April 28th 

Everybody loves sweet tea. We live in Georgia. Check out this family friendly festival!

Music For the Children @ First Baptist Church of Chattanooga – April 19th

Family friendly events are sometimes hard to come by. Relax, and just attend this event.

Atlanta

Laufey, Bewitched: The Goddess Tour @ Tabernacle – April 22nd

Laufey is a new artist, made sensation by her TikTok popularity. Check her out on her Goddess Tour! You can find tickets on the link provided.

Disney Princess: The Concert @ Fox theater – April 13th

For a fun family friendly memory, try this concert on the 13th!

Laugh Atlanta Comedy Festival @ Monticello ATL – April 13th

Everyone needs a good laugh sometimes. Drop by this festival for many.

Monster Jam @ Atlanta Motor Speedway – April 13th

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, everyone loves monster trucks. Go on, buy those tickets. 

UniverSoul CIrcus @ Turner field – April 21nd 

Circus trips are a memory everyone deserves to experience. Go to the one at Turner Field, my friend!

Nashville

Mitski @ The Ryman Auditorium – April 10th

Mitski is one of the  best artists of this generation. See her live on April 10th.

Candlelight: A Tribute to Taylor Swift @ The Parthenon – April 12th

Taylor Swift is loved by many, not me, but maybe you! Check out this tribute.

Mitski (again) @ The Ryman Auditorium – April 12th

Once again, Mitski is going to be playing live at The Ryman Auditorium. Attend on April 12th to see her perform!

Tyler Childers @ Bridgestone Arena – April 19th

Tyler Childers is an amazing country artist that you can see live at Bridgestone Arena on April 19th.  

Autism Ability 5K, 10K, 15K @ Bob Brown Field Station – April 28th

Again, since Apri is Autism Awareness Month, you should come to this running event to show your support.