The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Prom is Starting to Bloom

Heritage High School prepares to put on their Monet’s Enchanted Garden Prom in just a few weeks.
Prom is Starting to Bloom
Molly Churchwell

Over the years, Heritage never fails to throw a breathtaking Prom. Whether you are dressing to impress, dancing the night away, or hanging out with your friends, Prom is one of the most notable events during your time at Heritage. With the help of the junior class officers and their sponsors, Mrs. Parker and Mrs. Campbell, this year’s floral theme will show everyone blooming into themselves. On Saturday April 27th from 7 to 11 PM at the Collegedale Commons, 4750 Swinyar drive, Collegedale, TN 37363,  Prom will commence. The Commons is about thirty minutes from Heritage. “We chose the location mostly since it’s one building, so we can all be together,” explained junior class present Lexi Berry.

Tickets were pre-selling before spring break for $70. If you missed that and your ticket still needs to be purchased, they are now the full price of $85. Tickets are available for purchase on gofan.co, although students must have a physical paper copy of their ticket to get in the doors. You can get your physical tickets in Mrs. Parker’s room at 2129 paying with cash or a check. If you would like to bring someone who does not attend Heritage, you must fill out the request form on the school website or in the front office. 

As for the ladies and their stunning dresses, there is a slight dress code. Dresses may not have a slit that exceeds mid-thigh. This is fingertip length. They should be cut above the bust line. If your dress is not cut above the bust line, you must seek prior approval. Undergarments should not be visible. See-through apparel is not permitted. Garments that are tight or low-cut are also unacceptable. Anyone wearing a suit tuxedo also has some guidelines. Formal prom attire may be classified as a tuxedo or dress suit, including a tie, bow tie, a turtle neck or a dress shirt, which may include a vest or cummerbund. Shirts are to be worn at all times. Do not wear an athletic cap to the prom, and students should wear dress shoes.

If you don’t have the chance to grab some food prior to showing up. “We’ll be having garden party food like pastries, little square sandwiches. Hopefully we will be able to rent those candy dispensers you’d find at a candy shop and little cups.” Campbell Moore, junior class treasurer, said. Prom weekend will be here before you know it, so get prepared—whatever that looks like for you. We hope to see you on Saturday April 27th from 7 to 11 PM at the Collegedale Commons, 4750 Swinyar drive, Collegedale, TN 37363