The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Rackets in the Air: Boys’ Tennis Season Wrap-Up

The Generals fought their way through the season, placing in the top five at regionals.
M. Petteys
M. Petteys

The 2024 Boys’ Tennis team used their talents and determination to obtain an exceptional season. At almost every game the team brought effort and sweat to the table. Whether it was a single match or a double, the boys worked hard on and off the court. They ended the season fourth at regionals with a record of 2-1 and an overall record of 4-4. The Generals started off a bit rocky. The boys lost three extremely close matches; the Generals fell short against Cauhulla Creek (2-3), and soon after they played Dalton twice in a row (2-3, 2-3). However, they did not let these losses keep them down, coming back with a big victory against Ringgold (4-1). Wins came from all three singles players, sophomore Kevin Yang, junior John Keith, and freshman Cade Green, and #2 doubles sophomore Cullen Cooper and junior Mac Keith. Still riled up from their first win, their next match was a total take down. The Generals showed out to Gorden Lee with a score of (5-0), making their record 2-2. Next the boys won against Southeast, claiming their first region win! Playing hard, the Generals lost a tough match to Central (2-3). The Generals did not let that crush their spirits going into more region play. They secured victories against Cedartown (2-3) and Northwest for senior night (4-1). Unfortunately, the boys took a loss to Sonoraville, which was their last region game. (0-5). Going back home to complete their season, they played Northwest and took a big win (0-5). The Generals qualified for State and took the road to Westminster. They played really hard but lost 0-5. Ending the season, the Generals played Northwest tomahawking them with a score of (5-0). The returning players and coaches are eager to improve for next year’s season, and they are all hoping to grow as a team and build onto their skills.