BASEBALL PREVIEW

BASEBALL+PREVIEW

Greyson Harris, Sports Editor

After breaking a streak of State playoffs appearances, Heritage baseball found themselves cleaning out the lockers a little earlier than the 2014 season. It’s important, however, not to view the ending of last season as a total disappointment, or really anything along those lines. Moving on without the likes of Blake Hamilton, Seth Hickman, and Damian Goins will prove to be a challenge for the coaching staff, but a bundle of new talent is poised to take the reins without skipping a beat. It should come as no surprise when we eventually see some familiar faces step up this season, considering the underclassmen were huge components of last year’s squad.

On the mound, sophomore Alex Barbee will be aiming to recreate his fantastic freshman campaign. His first varsity season resulted in an ERA of 1.99 with a total of five wins in eight appearances. Barbee came from across the street with an ERA of less than two; he’s been ready to be the number one man in the rotation.

Junior Logan Haga tore the cover off the ball in his sophomore season, accumulating a batting average that lead his team, along with a stellar number of RBIs. Noah Hill finished right behind him. That one two punch could prove to be deadly.

There’s plenty to be excited about this spring, and I expect those guys on the diamond will deliver.