CLUB FEATS

CLUB+FEATS

Hannah Oliver, Staff Writer

As many of you know, our clubs here at heritage have dropped a victorious bomb on us. Last week FBLA traveled the short distance to Ringgold High School to compete at Region competitions. There were many competitors and many winners though only a couple made it to State: Hannah Oliver and Rachel Williams placed second in Digital Video and Production, and Ryan Deem placed eighth in Economics. These two groups will be advancing to State competitions in March. Other people who placed include: Sarah Mason, Catherine Pugsley, Sammy Hill, Michelle Lin, Lauren Drinnon, and Devin Swafford. Mrs. Ware is really excited about competing at State and cannot wait to see how it turns out.

HOSA also competed at their Region competition last week and will be advancing to State.  The Medical Debate Team of Casey Ridley, Blaine Bird, Matt Henson, and Noah Thornton won first place at Regions. Dylan Scott and Josh Madaris placed 2nd in Medical Math but will still be advancing to State! The last competitor is Kali Callaway who will be advancing to State in Nursing Assisting.

Our DECA club competed at Bartow College, and seven of fifteen competitors earned medals: Caleb Atkins, Hannah Black, Alyssa Helmes, Andrew Howerton, Heather Hunter, Bryce McDaniel, and Noah Thornton. All seven of these students will be advancing to State in late February.

The final club that dominated Regions was Skills USA. The amount of people who participated and placed is overwhelming. Eighteen students will be advancing to State in categories that range from Video Production to Quiz Bowl. One of our own here on the journalism team, Ashton Sawyer, placed second in Broadcast News and will be advancing to State competitions!

Congratulations to all of our clubs! Good luck at your State competitions!