DIVE INTO SWIM SEASON

Mrs.+Atwell

Mrs. Atwell

Lilly Black, Staff Writer

As you may have heard several times on the morning announcements, there was a meeting for those interested in joining the swim team on Thursday, October 9. Do not worry if you weren’t able to attend the meeting; you won’t have to wait until next year to join the swim team. Mrs. Atwell is the Heritage coach representative this year, so all students would need to do is talk to her about how to begin swimming.

This season it is optional for where you would like to practice. Athletes will need to choose either to join a year-round swim team, or practice at McCallie with the team. They began on Monday, October 19, and practices will be held every Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday following from 7:15 to 8:30 p.m.

A few things one might need if he or she were planning on joining the swim team would be an appropriate swimsuit, goggles, and cap. Mrs. Atwell would be the person to contact if interested in purchasing the team swimsuit or paying the athletic fee.

The first meet will be held on November 3, beginning at 4:00 p.m. at G.P.S., and it is for middle school swimmers only. The first high school swim meet will be November 5, at 4:00 p.m. in Dalton. That is not long from now, so hurry up and join the swim team because they are looking to have a very effective season!