GOING FOR THE SWIM

Hope Clayton, Staff Writer

On Thursday, November 5, the Heritage High School Generals swim team began their 2015-2016 season at Dalton High School. With this season’s first meet, Pierce Lively was the the number one seed in the 200 individual medley and the 100 breast. In addition, Reagan Wingrove was the number one seed for the 50 yard free and the 100 breast. Rylee O’ Donnel was the number one seed for the 100 yard free, and Saulye Nichols was the number one seed for the 500 free.

By the end of Thursday evening, the HHS Generals were victorious against their opponents. Rylee O’ Donnel placed first in the 200 yard individual medley race. Reagan Wingrove also placed first in the 50 yard free. Heritage Generals Saulye Nichols, Rylee O ‘Donnel, Reagan Wingrove, and Lindsay Hudson together won the 200 yard medley relay. Saulye Nichols had another victory by placing first in the 100 yard butterfly. A special congratulations to Rylee O’Donnell for placing first in the 100 free. On Thursday, her time was five seconds off state cut! This was amazing, especially since it was her first meet of the season.

This is only the beginning of what we can already tell will be a fantastic season for the Generals. I am looking forward to seeing them prosper this year. This meet is the first of many for our swim team, and I cannot wait to see them keep going for the wins! Congratulations to the Heritage Generals swim team victories!