AMERICA’S GOT TALENT … AND SO DOES HHS!

Saulye Nichols, Staff Writer

Heritage High School has a wide array of talent, and one of the many ways that we showcase it is through our annual Talent Show. Auditions for the show will be held in the theater on December 16, 17, and 18. Everyone is invited to watch during lunch, and the cost is only 25 cents. If you want to audition, you must sign up in Mrs. Wells’ room (1461). Mrs. Wells, the fine arts department head, has been involved in the talent show for the past five years. She worked with Coach Broom on it about two years ago, but took over about two or three years ago. When asked how many people usually audition she replied, “It depends.  Some years we’ve had 30 or 40 acts, and last year we had 50 or 60.”  The people that audition bring a wide assortment of acts to the stage. Mrs. Wells said, “We encourage everything. We usually end up with mostly singing [such as solos, duets, trios, and other ensembles], but we’ve had dancing [individual or group], playing musical instruments, bands, and comedy acts.” The most eccentric act she’s seen was glow-in-the-dark Nunchucks three years ago. Her favorite part of doing the talent show is getting to meet people that she wouldn’t see in class and getting to see their different talents on stage. Also, by popular demand, the Lip Sync Contest will return to the show. Everyone at Heritage needs to get involved with the Talent Show, either by auditioning or watching the performance!