MAKING IT RAIN

Hannah Roberts, Staff Writer

On March 14 and 15, the school counselors here at Heritage will be having a Scholarship Boot Camp to help seniors fill out their scholarship applications. This will be during lunch in the media center, and hopefully students will be able to apply for as many scholarships as possible during these two days. Graduation for the class of 2016 is quickly approaching and there is only a limited amount of time left. With all of the expenses for college, a lot of money is needed and these scholarships will be extremely useful. Our school counselors will have some information printed out on different scholarships that you may be able to receive. They will also discuss scholarship opportunities that can be found online. Depending on the scholarship, there are different amounts of money you could be given. The HOPE Scholarship is one that everyone is at least somewhat familiar with, and it is entirely based on merit. There is a Ronald McDonald House Scholarship that gives $1,000. For the Elk’s Most Valuable Student Scholarship, the applicants will be judged on based on their merit and leadership skills. Financial need will also be a factor they will look at, and 500 four year scholarships will be awarded. There are scholarships for specific careers like the Catoosa Retired Educators Association Scholarship. The deadline is on March 25, and you must be interested in getting a degree in education to be considered. These scholarships and many more can be discussed with our school counselors at lunch.