ARTSY FARTSY

Katie Lee, Staff Writer

So this previous Saturday, April 16 the church on Main 1601 Rossville Avenue hosted the Palate to Palatte Art Gallery. The youth gallery was part of the Gallery stroll on Saturday but was also open on Friday April 15 for the Youth Gallery Reception. The event was to benefit the Craniofacial Foundation of America, a non-profit organization that helps people with facial differences lead normal lives, and was sponsored by the Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union. The theme of the event was “Through the Looking Glass” inspired by the classic Disney movie “Alice in Wonderland.” Some of the featured artwork came from right the talented students right here at the Taj. For digital photography and design 174 pieces were submitted but only 25 were chosen and nine of the pieces were from Heritage. The students chosen were Alberto Rodriguez, Audrey Clark, Bradley Asher, Ingrid Brindle, Kayla Heinz, Laura Sweeton, Lindsey Momberg, Matt Hale, and Kennedy Johnson. For Drawing, Painting, Design HHS submitted 14 entries and ten of them were selected, there were 280 pieces in total submitted from 22 different high schools in Georgia. Jacqueline Dailey and Kelli Buckles both had three pieces of their work chosen. Kayla Heinz, Georgia Sammons, Cole Arnold, and Caleb Buckler had artwork chosen as well. The judges at the event were Bob Fazio, Peggy Boyd Petrey, and Alan Shuptrine. The youth gallery coordinators this year were Jeannie Harper and Amanda Williams. The event was attended by family and friends of the talented young artists.