LOOKING BACK

Emily Blevins, Entertainment Editor

As we start to close off these last few weeks of the 2015 – 2016 school year, I find myself thinking about the fact that I am literally about to be taking on my final year of high school within the next few months. Although I never considered the long nights of homework and studying or the year-long wait for summer break to come as “going by fast,” I can honestly say that looking back; the past three years have zoomed by.

I can still vividly remember my first day of my freshman year. I was curious, excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. I walked into the school with a fear that I wouldn’t find my friends or classes once we were released to start the day, but of course I eventually did. As I adjusted to this new building I began to realize how fortunate I was to be able to attend this school out of all the others in our area.

By the time I entered my sophomore year, I was positive that I had this entire thing figured out. I had already been with this school for a year, and I was ready to take on my second year, head first. I personally think that this was the year that my class, the class of 2017, really grew in school spirit. Pep rally after pep rally, we would spend days preparing for a 30 minute event to ensure victory. This made my sophomore year one of the best years of high school for me.

As junior year rolled around, I knew it would be a good one, much like the last, because the class of 2017 was now a family. We dominated even more in the spirit competitions, and we grew closer as the year went on. As I now look back on this past year I am so proud to be a part of such a great group of people.

Now, within just a few months I will be entering into my senior and final year of high school as the secretary of our class. Looking back, I am so very thankful for my class and our school, and I can’t wait to see what senior year has to offer.