VERY MERRY BAND CONCERT

Celena Smith, Staff Writer

On Monday, December 5, 2016, the Legion of Generals preformed their Christmas concert for parents and well-wishers. The concert was held in the theater here at Heritage High School. We have to give some credit to the color guard for being there holding doors and giving programs to anyone that wanted one. The Christmas concert started at 7:00 p.m.,  and Mr. Blair Callaway started with his traditional introductions. The lovely Symphonic Band started out the show playing four songs. They played “Dashing through the Snow,” “Christmas from the 50’s” (with singers Alya Gilbert, Drake Miller, Nolan Skiles, Emmy Sparks, and Ashley Taylor), “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” with soloist Melissa Simmons, and “Candlelight Carol.” After they preformed, there was a short break so that the Wind Ensemble could come on stage and start warming up. The show then began again, and the Wind Ensemble began playing their Christmas songs. The songs they played were “A Christmas Festival,” “Minor Alternations No.2,” “Carol of the Night,” “Farandole,” and, last but not least, the most amazing song ever: “Sleigh Ride.”  Before the concert started, some Wind Ensemble parents were selling tickets to raffle off two beautifully made corn-hole boards. One board is represented our most recent show “The Greatest of These is Love.” The second board sported the wonderful logo, The Legion of Generals. The Wind Ensemble is still selling raffle tickets for a dollar. They are raising the money for their trip coming up in March. Let’s remember the Wind Ensemble and keep congratulating them for their honor in playing in Indianapolis.