IT’S GONNA BE OKAY

Katie Lee, Staff Writer

Hannah Montana once said, “Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days,” and this is so true. I’m sure high school students can really relate to this; specifically students who fail classes. Sometimes students just make mistakes and have “those semesters.” Right now they might be thinking, “I can’t believe it, my life is over since I failed a class,” but I’m here to let them know that it is going to be okay. Heritage provides plenty of easy, totally doable options for credit recovery.

If you are one of the unfortunate students that failed a class this year; never fear, Katie is here to give you the information you need to fix this situation. Students have the choice to either do after school credit recovery, summer credit recovery, take an Apex class, or apply for admission to PLC. Starting in February and lasting through March, teachers will be available after school for one hour two to three times a week for credit recovery sessions. Students will have to provide their own transportation. If you don’t have the time for that, there is also a summer credit recovery option. Students will have the opportunity to come June 5 to June 22 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday. Students will also have the option to switch one of their electives for an Apex class and just go to it like a normal class every day, either this semester or next year. If none of these options seem appealing, there is another option of just attending the performance learning center located in Fort Oglethorpe. Students who choose this option will still be enrolled at Heritage, but they will be in an environment where they can work at their own pace. Failing a class is not the end of the world; you can fix it, and you can graduate. Everything is going to be okay.