OPEN TAJ NIGHT

Emily Blevins, News Editor

It’s about that time again, Generals! This upcoming Monday, February 13, Heritage High School will be hosting an open house night for parents, students, and anyone else who simply wants to join in on the fun. For anyone who chooses to attend, you may come by the school any time from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. This event is essentially focused on this new semester and how it’s going for everyone so far.

As many know, we are currently about knee-deep in this second semester of the school year, meaning that it is about one fourth of the way completed. The real purpose behind even putting on an open house is simply for parents and students to have a chance to make time to come by the school in the evening, meet with the students’ teachers, and become more familiar with what is going on at this point in the school year. This is the perfect time to reflect on the progress reports that all students will be receiving this Friday, February 10. I personally think that hosting an open house is a really awesome chance for parents to come back to the Taj a little later in the year to get to know their student’s new teachers that they might not have had the chance to meet prior to. Along with parent-teacher meet-ups, the parents are also free to meet with the various counselors that our school provides if they would like. Our school principal, Mr. Bradford, would like to encourage both parents and students to come by if they can because almost all of our teachers will be here at the school and it will provide an opportunity to clear up any questions and or concerns that anyone might have.

Not only will HHS be hosting the open house event, but there will also be an honors night meeting on the same night, beginning at 6:45 p.m., in which any and everyone can go and discuss different college preparation options along with upcoming honors programs that might apply to students in the near future. Because this night has the obvious potential to be very helpful for many people, I would definitely suggest saving the date for next Monday to come out and spend an evening at the Taj.