“LOVE” OF THE GAME

Seth Carter, Staff Writer

Tennis season is here, and while some of us are at home eating snacks, the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams have been practicing. The expectations are high this year as both teams chase another state bid. I asked senior Shaw Boland about the boys’ chances at doing just that, and he said, “I think we have a pretty good chance of going to state. Everyone is athletic, and we are practicing hard.” When asked how difficult state is in tennis, he responded, “It is very tough and the competition is very intense.” The boys’ team has a few seniors but is mostly bolstered by underclassmen that will need to step up in order for the team to do well. The girls’ team is already showing promise this year by destroying Ringgold 8-0. This is a team that can be a very special one for Heritage. It is led by Senior Reagan Christol, who for as long as many students can remember has been a force on the tennis court and a valuable asset to the team.  This year is not only special for her as a senior, but also that her play has generated interest from colleges wanting her talent. So as long as she is on the court, you can guarantee our girls will have a shot at winning a lot of matches. Their first home matches will be against Lafayette on March 14 so be sure to come check it out. Our teams are sure to entertain. The matches are free, so there is no excuse not to come and be loud!