STILL FALLING FOR OUR WINTER GUARD

Makaela Patten, Staff Writer

This past weekend our Heritage High Winter Guard had a competition at Lafayette High School, and I was able to talk to Mrs. Taylor, the color and winter guard coach, about their performance. “We had a fairly decent run at the competition this weekend. We had a little bit of a hiccup at the beginning, they messed up our music, playing somebody else’s music, but they recovered quite well after the first 30 seconds to a minute of the show,” said Mrs. Taylor, “We go to championships next weekend, which is April 1, and I’m hoping that they have the run of their life and that they just go out there, perform well, lift up, and really unite as a team.” Mrs. Taylor continued, “We weren’t quite sure where we were going to place, because we weren’t sure if we were going to be able to recover from that first minute of the show where things were kind of shaky. We ended up in second place, which is not bad. However, we could’ve placed first, had we not have gotten so shaken.” “We need to work on being more relaxed on the floor, when we get out to compete everyone tends to kind of start panicking,” said Ashley Taylor, “We recovered really well after they played the wrong music, it kind of freaked everybody out, so the first half wasn’t as good as it could’ve been. However, the second half was much better.” We are proud of our winter guard for placing second, and we wish them the best luck in their next competition.