EDITORIAL: STUDY TIME

Emily Blevins, News Editor

Through my almost four complete years of high school, I have been able to learn a few things here and there about getting good grades, which is typically rooted in a good worth-ethic and willingness to study. Studying is obviously not the most fun thing to do when you are looking to pass time. However, as weird as it sounds, besides the educational value, studying can be made fun with a few simple tips.

First, you must find a good location to study. Sometimes, getting out of your typical studying spot can provide motivation to get more done because you might not be quite as comfortable and/ or distracted. What I personally enjoy doing sometimes is just getting out of my house and going to a few of my preferred locations that provide a pretty good environment for getting some work done. The first place that a lot of people think of when they consider a favorable place to study is of course Panera. I personally enjoy Panera for their free WiFi, good food, comfortable seating, and rather peaceful atmosphere overall. Another place that is kind of similar to Panera is a locally owned coffee shop in downtown Ringgold called Caffeine Addicts. Caffeine Addicts has excellent customer service, a wide menu of different homemade food and drinks, and seating that can accommodate to many people. Not only is their atmosphere typically a peaceful one like Panera, but they also offer a chance to shop for antiques in the front section of their store, which just adds even more to their unique character.

Along with finding a good location to study, having the right materials for what you need to get done is equally important. Don’t hesitate to assist yourself with whatever suits you best. If you need a more quiet area than what most places provide, bring noise-cancelling headphones to help you focus. If you are taking notes, bring more than enough paper, brightly colored pens, and highlighters. Bring friends to work with if that is what will help you. Studying doesn’t have to mean being in a solitary room doing nothing but keeping your nose in a big textbook. Simply do whatever is best for you and your studying needs, and I guarantee that it will all pay off in the long run.