MOONLIGHT SERENADE

Hannah Roberts, Staff Writer

On April 29, middle and high school band students will perform jazz music at the “Moonlight Serenade” that will be held from seven to nine on this Saturday evening at Burning Bush Baptist Church. The 200 available tickets for this event were sold only up until April 24 since they expected this to sell out fairly quickly. The prices varied from a reserved table of eight that was 200 dollars to single tickets that were 25 dollars each, but the reserved family tables of band seniors are going to be given priority seating. Corporate sponsorships were 250 dollars, only a little more than the table for eight. These corporate sponsors will be in the program and also mentioned and recognized at the event itself. Along with the jazz music from the Heritage bands, a lasagna dinner will be catered by Dish T’Pass. Unfortunately, they are not planning on selling any other tickets at the door. However, they are still accepting donations of items for the silent auction that they will have, so if you are going, silent auction items will be available to purchase. Also, for various companies and businesses, advertisements at the silent auction tables could display business information. During this performance from the HHS jazz band, they will be playing all types of jazz music. When I talked to sophomore Cody Inskeep who plays the alto saxophone, he said of the event, “This will be our first performance this year, but we have performed a lot in jazz band in previous years.”