EDITORIAL: TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC

I. Shank & T. Kalick

Katie Lee, Staff Writer

As my junior year is coming to a close and my senior year is swiftly approaching, I can’t help but be a little nervous. This year has not necessarily been the greatest school year I have had. It’s been the worst, actually. This year has kind of brought me to lose motivation to come to school, my attendance has not been the best, and I have been contemplating doing online school next year, but I am having doubts because I try to be a pretty optimistic person and always look for the positive side of things. Not that this school is bad place, Heritage is a wonderful school, and I’m very lucky to get to go here. The reasons are more Katie-oriented than school-oriented. However, I am trying to not let the way this year has gone affect my expectations for next year.  Everyone talks about how senior year is the best year of high school, and how it’s so much more fun. Even TV shows and movies portray it like that. I’m really hoping that’s how it is. I am excited for all the senior activities and graduation and my senior prom. I’m also excited for all the memories I will make next year. I know there will be quite a few because next year will be filled with a bunch of “lasts”: my last chorus concert, my last pep rally, my last field trip, my last prom, and my last year of high school. Next year will most likely be the most memorable year, and I’m hoping that they’ll all be good memories. I want next year to be great; I want it to be like the senior year everyone talks about. So, I am going to be optimistic and say that my senior year is going to be the best, and I’m going to have so much fun thatI won’t contract senioritis.