CHICAGO 17

Makaela Patten, Staff Writer

At the Band and Chorus’ Spring Concert, Mr. Callaway, the Band Director, announced that they will be performing four different Chicago songs this upcoming school year. “Despite the name, not all songs chosen are from the ‘Chicago 17’ album,” said Callaway. Those songs are: “Make Me Smile,”  “Hard to Say I’m Sorry,”  “Saturday in the Park,” and “25 or 6 to 4.” “I grew up listening to this music. I love rock and roll and I love the songs we’ve chosen. There’s a lot of different genres compacted into these four songs. I like it,” said Mrs. Taylor, the Color Guard Coach. “I’ve been thinking about it for a long time. Our shows lately have been so dramatic and story-driven; I wanted a show that was more music-driven,” said Mr. Callaway. The performances of Heritage High School’s “Chicago 17” will be performed at every football game (starting August) and some Saturday shows will take place as well.  “This is definitely different than anything we’ve ever done. It’s going to be interesting to see how all the things come together once we finish editing and finishing things. The creative process of it all is really my favorite,” said Mrs. Taylor. “It’s going to be just fun music. We’re going to try out a little bit of rock and roll, have fun, and play loud. That really is our main goal,” said Callaway, “I’m looking forward to it.” We certainly can’t wait and we wish our upcoming Heritage High School Band and Color Guard the best of luck!