THE TAJMANIAN DEVILS

H.+Poe

H. Poe

H. Poe

Hayden Poe, Sports Writer

When you go to football games, do you ever see the loud section of kids that are usually dressed alike? That’s a student section. They usually come out during football or basketball season. Some schools have gained popularity on social media outlets like Twitter or Instagram for their amazing themes, cheers, chants, and/or insults to the other teams. Heritage High School is no exception, as we have an amazing student section. We usually have a lot of kids participate in dressing up for the theme, often painting up and sometimes even bringing props for the kids that didn’t dress up to use so that they can still be active in the section. Our best theme is “USA”; that’s when everyone will go out and buy flags or flag shirts. I went to Walmart to buy a shirt I would never wear again, just because I knew everyone else would be doing the same thing. Another great one we do is “Purge Night.” We basically get cheap white drama masks, black shirts and pants, and then we draw designs on our masks. Purge Night usually has the biggest turn-out because everyone has at least one black shirt they can wear to the game. I usually take pictures for the football games, and a lot of times I’ll get distracted from the game and start taking pictures of the student section because everyone is having fun and cheering on the team. I like to be able to capture that moment, so they can see it the week after and can remember that feeling of excitement they felt that night.