SOWING SEEDS

M.+Shearer

M. Shearer

M. Shearer

Rick Blaylock, News Writer

Taylor Dyer, a junior at Heritage High School, felt very honored and excited to receive the SAE grant from the national FFA organization. He was awarded $1,000. He was 1, along with 151 others, out of 3,400 to receive this grant. Taylor has a goal to build an arboretum here at Heritage High School. He feels that it will be mainly a goal and project for our future generations here at Heritage. He told me that he believes that not only will the FFA club be able to participate in taking care of the trees and land, but 4H and normal science classes will also be able to learn from it. They will learn to work together on a big project and add beauty to the school’s property. Taylor told me he feels that he is making it his personal goal to make our land beautiful again, along with the help of other students and the future generations. I also talked to Ms. Shearer, our FFA teacher. She said that Taylor has always been a hard worker, that she was very proud of him, and that if anyone deserves the grant, it was him. She said, “It is sad I won’t be able to see the trees at their full potential. It is great that a student can leave such a mark and legacy on this school.” Ms. Shearer also said, “I can’t wait to see what he does next because he works very hard and is always full of surprises.”