THE TALENT WITHIN

R.+Blaylock

R. Blaylock

R. Blaylock

Rick Blaylock, News Writer

This year, we have an assortment of acts in our Talent Show. From dancing to some of the funniest jokes you’ll ever hear, it is sure to be a good show. I have spoken to many people that will be performing, and they have all said the same thing.  There is a great anxiety to what they do in front of others. Even though it is very stressful, it’s also very exciting to perform. According to the contestants, it is like an exciting rush to be doing what you’re good at, and getting to show other people makes it even better. Many said that they were excited but scared. I personally could not get up in front of so many people and have all of the eyes and minds focused on me. I am happy for those with the courage to entertain others and bring what they have for us to see. I also spoke with some of the contestants from last year. They told me that the first time is always the worst because you don’t understand the feeling that is rushing through your body when the lights first blind you. After you have risked embarrassing yourself the first time, all you can do the rest of the time is enjoy yourself.  It will be exciting for everyone to see what these talented students have to show us. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and no one falls off stage or “breaks a leg.”