TRACK TRYOUTS TAKING OFF

C.+Ogle

C. Ogle

C. Ogle

Cade Ogle, Sports Writer

Spring is coming, and along with it are many exciting sports that are about to begin. One sport that is at the starting line, ready to take off, is track and field.  Many athletes have shown interest by coming to conditioning workouts and showing off their skills. The competition this year already looks promising with over fifty students coming to conditioning workouts, and there are sure to be more when tryouts begin. With so many people trying out and so much talent being shown, the possibility of the track team going all the way to state and winning is looking more and more likely. Even with so many people signing up, there is still room for many more.  With so many events such as the hurdles and jumping events, Heritage is sure to have lots of room for aspiring athletes. There is something for everyone, because each event is very different. There are the running events like short distance sprints, long distance strides, hurdles, and even team running events like the 4×1 and many more. If running is not your specialty, there are also events like throwing for those who are strong, pole vaulting for the limber, and the jumping events for people with impressive legs. So if you think that you have what it takes to be Heritage High School’s next track star, then come on down to the track on Monday, January 22 at 3:45pm. Bring shorts and running shoes, and be prepared to run.