GUARDING MY LIFE

S.+Shaver
S. Shaver

S. Shaver

S. Shaver

S. Shaver

S. Shaver

Sydney Shaver, Entertainment Writer

It is finally here! Winter guard season is FINALLY upon us, and we have our first competition on Saturday, January 27, and I thought that I would take the opportunity to talk about my love of performing. After spending hours working on our fall show, I was sad to see it end, but I was so happy that I decided to do winter guard this season. I absolutely love performing for an audience and love to hear people applauding something that I spent hours working on. Of course, this year’s winterguard show still has a long way to go, but I am excited to work even harder to make the show the best it can possibly be. This year, the Varsity Winterguard team will be performing their show, “Waving Through A Window,” using the song from the musical “Dear Evan Hansen,” and the J.V. team will be performing “On My Way Home,” using the song from Pentatonix.

Another big reason I love to perform is because I can see all the hard work I’ve put into a show be recognized by other people. I don’t like coming off the floor or off the field without putting my best foot forward. I feel like I have to prove to others that I belong on that field or floor. I don’t like making mistakes and always try to take criticism in a positive manner, that way I can learn how to properly do the best show I can. I feel like I fail every time I make a mistake while performing, but I know that I can make it better for the next show. I enjoy working with a team of people to put together something fantastic. I am so excited for people to see our new show this year.

Sydney Shaver, Entertainment Writer

Sydney Shaver is in her junior year at Heritage High School, and this is her third semester in the Journalism class. She enjoys reading, writing and listening...

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

TACO.

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

A SONG FOR A BUMPY ROAD

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE . . .

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

OOPS MAK DID IT AGAIN

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

CASSIE THE COOKIE MONSTER

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

WHY STEM

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

ONE LAST PERFORMANCE

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

MOVING ON UP

• GUARDING MY LIFE

Editorials

WHY ROSS IS THE WORST

GUARDING MY LIFE