MARCHIN’ ROUND ALL-STATE

R.+Blaylock

R. Blaylock

R. Blaylock

Rick Blaylock, News Writer

Heritage’s Legion of Generals impressed many people once again. Congrats to the following students for making All-State Band: Nathan Campbell,  Ryan Hayes, Jonah Madaris, Noah Scott, Stephen Scott, Audrey Smith, Carmen Smith, and Andrew Song. Each year, there are different people who try out for All-State, and though not all make it, each try harder every year to be better than they were before. When I talked to Noah Scott, he told me, “Each year I see each one of us grow stronger. I do not see making All-State as I am going to get recognition, but I see it as I am better than I was before. I see it in everyone who tries. I see the determination in their eyes to prove to themselves that they can be better than they were before.” Mr. Callaway, our band director, is very proud of these honorable students.  Mr. Callaway  has taught every band student very well. Many have a thirst for music and a thirst to be better every single day. Many people in the band look up to these people. Their names are known around the school, and people who love music want to be like them. It is always good to have someone to look up to and to have someone to strive to be as good as or to be looked up to as.  Everyone is very proud of these people and we all hope they continue to become better each and every day.