CHARITABLE READS

H.+Roberts

H. Roberts

H. Roberts

Hannah Roberts, News Editor

The Ronald McDonald foundation was first created in Philadelphia in 1974, but it has since expanded and is now in many cities. They provide families with ill children a place to stay near the hospital, free of charge. With all of the bills that these families have to pay, having somewhere close-by to stay can be extremely helpful, and our school has done various projects over the years to help their efforts. The Heritage High School Book Club recently returned, almost a year later, for the second consecutive year on January 31 to help them organize their library as they added new books to the collection. This foundation has a library because they hope that it can provide an escape, and they have something for all ages. Through the holidays, Barnes and Noble invites its customers to donate their books that are in good condition for various charities, including the Ronald McDonald House. The book club was accompanied by a manager from the Hamilton Place location, Kelly Fleming, on their community service field trip. The Book Club isn’t the only group that is trying to help this organization. The Beta Club here at Heritage is also planning on providing food for the same organization later during this month. The members of Beta can help to provide food, and this also counts as one of the four needed projects for them. This is a great organization that helps local families in the community as they’re struggling with illness in the family.