A FLIP OF THE BOTTLE

R.+Blaylock

R. Blaylock

R. Blaylock

Rick Blaylock, News Writer

When bottle flipping started, I was a freshman here. Everyone did it, and they still do. There is something so challenging about it. As humans, we love a good challenge, and to do something so simple yet hard is so addicting. Some people are to addicted to it. For example, there are people that still make youtube videos of throwing them on top of buildings, signs, and moving cars. My friends and I constantly make challenges between each other for rewards or punishments. I personally want to know who started it. What single person made a challenge out of it that made it able to flair up and get everyone to do it? Each year, the trend dies down just a little, but not as much compared to the fidget spinners or the dab. They all had their time, and even though some people do each, it’s not as much compared to the bottle flip. When I first heard of it, I was super confused. I said to myself, “How in the world is this entertaining?” As I did it more and more, I couldn’t stop. So, honestly, I like and hate the person who invented this whole trend. When our grandkids hear about this whole thing and ask us, I guess we’ll just have to shake our heads and laugh at the fact we have the dumbest trends possible. Yet we still do them. I wonder what our next big thing will be.