BREAK THE ICE

V.+Veal
V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

Vinson Veal, Sports Editor

The Olympics started only a few days ago and 39 medals have already been handed out. Team USA seems to be doing well as they are in second place overall with a total of 4 medals (2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze). The gold medals both come from snowboarding. Red Gerard won first place in the men’s slopestyle, while Jamie Anderson won first place in ladies’ slopestyle. Team USA’s silver medal was achieved by Chris Mazdzer in the men’s singles luge. The bronze medal came from the team event in figure skating.

Figure skating seems to be one of the most talked about sports right now. I don’t know much about figure skating, but it really is interesting to watch. Mirai Nagasu became the first women from the United States to successfully complete a triple axel at the Olympics. She also became the third woman ever to do it at the Games. Nathan Chen, Adam Rippon, Bradie Tennell, Mirai Nagasu, Chris and Alexa Knierim, and Maia and Alex Shibutani all competed for Team USA in the figure skating team event to win the bronze medal. Many people fell in love with Maia and Alex Shibutani. They are a brother and sister duo who are also known as the ShibSibs. In the free dance part of the team event, they performed a routine accompanied by the song “Paradise” by Coldplay and it was phenomenal. Even though Canada took the gold and the Olympic Athlete from Russia team took silver, the U.S. still did an amazing job overall.

Vinson Veal, Sports Editor

Vinson Veal is a senior here at Heritage and also dual enrolls at Dalton State College. This semester marks his third semester as part of the Journalism...

• BREAK THE ICE

Entertainment

SHREK RE-IMAGINED

• BREAK THE ICE

Entertainment

THE STUDENTS HAVE SURPASSED THE TROBAUGH

• BREAK THE ICE

Our Heritage

ONE FINAL (HOME) GAME

• BREAK THE ICE

Editorials

TACO.

• BREAK THE ICE

Editorials

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

• BREAK THE ICE

Editorials

A SONG FOR A BUMPY ROAD

• BREAK THE ICE

Entertainment

IT’S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL GONDOLA SYSTEM

• BREAK THE ICE

News

AN UNINTERRUPTED VIEW OF AN AUTHOR

• BREAK THE ICE

Editorials

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE . . .

• BREAK THE ICE

Entertainment

THIS TIME (MACHINE) AROUND

BREAK THE ICE