PREPARATION FOR A NEW YEAR

H.+Roberts

H. Roberts

H. Roberts

Hannah Roberts, News Editor

It’s once again time to register for classes again, but this time, it is for the 2018-2019 school year. Depending on what grade you are in, there are different requirements that you have to meet each year, but each person has to sign up for eight classes, which is sixteen total credits. This is true even if you are planning to do dual enrollment at a college or if you want to be a part of work-based learning. Just in case plans for college or a job don’t work out and fall through for next semester, it’s important to sign up for all classes and have a back up plan to go to Heritage full-time. If you want to participate in work-based learning or dual enrollment but don’t know where to start, the counselors here at Heritage can help you decide what to do, and each student has their own assigned counselor to help with things just like this. Mrs. Helton in the career center can help you find a job if you don’t have something lined up already. Depending on your career path, there are particular classes that you can take that are in that same area. On the school website, they have lists of classes that are available for each grade level to take and other lists of various electives. Registration is now open, and it closes on Thursday, March 8. There will be counselors available at lunch in the media center to help with registering starting on February 26, and there will also be an after school registration night on the same day.