SHINING SCHOLARS

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Alyssa Craig, News Writer

Now that the school year is coming to a close, seniors have been⏤or really need to begin⏤thinking about college. While they should be focusing on which college to attend⏤or apply to if they’re super behind⏤and what major to select, they should also consider the costs and how to lessen them. College is in no way cheap; everyone knows that. However, many don’t realize how expensive it really is until they’re taking out student loans for years to come. Scholarships are something that can hopefully ease that financial burden. They’re not the easiest thing to get, but they certainly do help a lot. Some scholarships are awarded for service, some are awarded for academics, and some are awarded for athletics.

There are a few Heritage seniors who signed off or are about to sign off on various sport scholarships. Both Finley Brisendine and Brianna Smotherman are signing on March 16th for soccer. Madi Morris signed with Chattanooga State for softball, and Luke Grant recently signed a football scholarship to Mars Hill University in North Carolina. All these students played integral and impressive parts in each of their sports respectively. Grant was a starter all four years and led the General’s football team to their first two play-off games. Morris led her team in the most hitting categories. She also set the single season homerun record. These students are perfect examples showing that hard work does pay off. We wish them all of them luck in their future endeavors and hope to see more students sign for scholarships!