HOSA GOES TO STATE

C.+Ogle

C. Ogle

C. Ogle

Cade Ogle, Sports Writer

There are many clubs at Heritage and each of them have their own competitions and events but one club in particular had a big event recently. The HOSA club at our school went to Atlanta to compete with schools from all over the state in many different aspects of health occupation. Many students from our school went and the fact that they qualified to go is already impressive because to go you have to be top 40 in the state on that event. Students like Joel Martin, Sam Mcarty, Zach Goins, and yours truly went to Atlanta for events like emergency medical service, pharmacology, and cultural medicine. We tried our hardest but, unfortunately, no one at our schooled placed high enough to make it past the first round but it was not all bad because even if none of us placed high enough, we still got the experience and we got to attend workshops that will help us perform better in the future and we also got to enjoy the luxuries of the 4 star hotel we stayed at like the hot tub and pool and the mall that was connected to the hotel which was filled with lots of shops and food places that all were fun to visit. So even if our school did not win the competition, we still feel like we won a lot as not only did we learn a lot from this trip and are sure to do better next year, but we also had a great time and was well earned after all our hard work.