LETTERS AREN’T JUST FOR SPELLING

H.+Roberts

H. Roberts

H. Roberts

Hannah Roberts, News Editor

Depending on what you are involved in at school, you may be eligible to letter in a sport or in academics. To receive an academic letter, the application is due on April 20, Friday to Ms. Whiting. All grade levels can letter, and if you qualify, you could potentially letter all four year. However, there are different requirements depending on your graduation year. For freshmen and sophomores, you need to have an average of 92 or higher. The higher your average is, the less points you need to have. At a 92, you need at least five points. At a 94, you need at least three points, and at a 95 average, you need at least two points. For upperclassmen, the requirements are slightly lower. With a 90, you need five or more points. For an average of 92 or higher, you need at least three points, and with a 93 or higher, you need at least two points. If you don’t know if you have the points that you need to earn a letter, they are based on extracurricular activities that you’re involved in at the school. These include things like competition teams, academic contents, taking Advanced Placement classes, being involved in Move On When Ready, or anything else that is approved by the faculty. You can get this form in the guidance office, and before you turn it in, you need signatures for your points by different teachers, your cumulative GPA from the guidance office, and the signature of a counselor, which are assigned based on last name. The annual Academic Banquet will be held on Monday, May 14.