DID HE DESERVE IT?

V.+Veal
Back to Article
Back to Article

DID HE DESERVE IT?

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

V. Veal

Vinson Veal, Sports Editor

The Masters tournament concluded only a few days ago and people are not very happy about who walked away with the famed green jacket. Patrick Reed was the champion of the 2018 Masters Tournament. Reed’s golf career has been a little rocky. While at the University of Georgia, he was kicked off of the golf team because of allegations of cheating, two alcohol-related arrests, stealing, and being rude to his teammates. He left UGA and enrolled at Augusta State University where he was almost voted off of the golf team. Despite this, he led Augusta State to two NCAA Division I titles. While at Augusta State, some of Reed’s teammates approached players from the opposing team and said that they wanted them, the opponents, to beat Reed. His own team did not support him and his arrogance. At the 2014 Ryder Cup, Reed turned to the crowd and hushed them with a finger over his mouth. He has also been known to shout inappropriate slurs at others. When it comes to family, Reed dissociates himself from them. He is married to Justine Karain and has a daughter. His brother-in-law is his caddie, but that’s just about how close he is to his family. His family wasn’t even invited to watch him win the Masters even though they live only miles away from Augusta National, the course where the Masters are held. Overall, Reed was not well-liked at the Masters. Most people were rooting for other players such as Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler, and Rory McIlroy. Yes, he can play golf really well, but he definitely did not deserve the praise and pride that comes with that green jacket.

Vinson Veal, Sports Editor

Vinson Veal is a senior here at Heritage and also dual enrolls at Dalton State College. This semester marks his third semester as part of the Journalism...

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

News

A COUNSELOR’S NIGHTMARE

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

Oof.

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

MURDER AT THE WORLD’S FAIR

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

THE NEXT BIG THING

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Editorials

AN OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD EXPERIENCE

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

News

SINGING AT LEE

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

A WHOLE NEW WORLD(S)

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

YOU SHOULD SEE HER IN A CROWN

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

“EVERYTHING POOPS.”

• DID HE DESERVE IT?

Entertainment

INHERENT VICE

DID HE DESERVE IT?