ART KIDS

A. Craig

A. Craig

A. Craig

Alyssa Craig, News Writer

Do you have an interest in art? Do you have younger siblings or relatives in the area with an interest in art? If so, the summer program, Art Kids, may be what you’re looking for. Art Kids is a week-long set of art classes for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. This year, it’ll be running from June 4th to June 8th. The program is put together and taught by the high school art teachers, Mrs. Wells, Mrs. Byrd, and Mrs. Peters, as well as a few high school volunteers. In Art Kids, children will learn all about art, creating their own pieces for a large gallery which their family can attend on Friday. They’ll be able to try a variety of mediums and really be immersed in creative discovery. It’s a fun, fulfilling experience for everyone involved, especially the kids. Right now, registration information is on the website for Art Kids. The link is on the Heritage website.

If you’re interested in volunteering, that information is also on the website. In addition to attending every day of the program, you must also be willing to spend about a week in May for some basic training. Volunteering at Art Kids is incredibly rewarding. You’re able to meet great kids and help them begin or continue their skills in the pursuit of art. This program is something highly recommended if you’re looking for a fun way to get volunteer hours, especially if you’re in NHS or BETA. It’s well worth your time, and you’d be helping the next generation of young artists.