SLAYING CENTRAL

P.+Johnson
Back to Article
Back to Article

SLAYING CENTRAL

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

Paige Johnson, Sports Writer

This was the first time I had attended a Heritage High School volleyball game. Not many people attend the volleyball games; I am not sure why, but they don’t. The the Junior Varsity Lady Generals played at Central yesterday and beat the Lady Pounders in two sets. The varsity team also defeated Central in three sets. JV beat Central 25-17 and 25-12. Aubrey Blankenship had seven aces, Cara Shavers had three, and Abbey Blevins had one ace. Blankenship had one kill while Shavers and Blevins had two each. Although I do not know much about volleyball, all the girls played incredibly well.

The varsity team beat Central in three sets, 25-13,  25-22, and 25-15. Kallie Carter had seven kills and three blocks. Macie Stephens had eight kills and one block. Anna Wilks had eleven digs, and Trinity Ha had eight digs and three aces. It was exciting to see how into the game the girls were through their determination and their hard work on the court.

Although I did not fully understand what was entirely going on in the game, I really enjoyed it and plan to go back to many other games. It was very entertaining to see how close all of the girls were and how well they worked together. You could tell that they love the game, and each one wanted to win as much as the other. I love getting to see the girls hype each other up and congratulate each other on good plays. Their huddle before each play and when they would high five the people on the bench once they got off the court was a site to see. Their friendship, hardwork, and determination was visible on the court and made the game more enjoyable.

Paige Johnson, Sports Writer

Paige Johnson is a freshman at Heritage High School, and this is her first year taking journalism. She is enrolled in all honor classes and would like...

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

THE SONG HEARD FROM CHATTANOOGA

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

JOIN THE GREEN SIDE…WE HAVE TREES

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

A COUNSELOR’S NIGHTMARE

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

SINGING AT LEE

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

“NO ONE EXPECTED ME.”

• SLAYING CENTRAL

Our Heritage

SWIMMING TOWARDS GREATNESS

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

WHAT’S POPPIN’?

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

THE DANCE FLOOR IS CALLING

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

AN ADVENTURE OF WORDS

• SLAYING CENTRAL

News

YOU GOT SERVED

SLAYING CENTRAL