PRESTIGE PICTURES

C.+Case

C. Case

C. Case

Cassie Case, News Writer

Every year, it is tradition for seniors to get pictures of themselves done generally by a professional. Knowing about some of these options may help you out when planning your own.  I’ll be telling you about several student’s experiences using different places as well as my own.

The most expensive option out there is going to a professional studio, such as Lifetouch/Prestige Portraits, or to a professional photographer like Greg Beasley. If you choose to go this route, you’ll have to schedule a time, go out to their shop, and do the whole nine. Your pictures will certainly have that “professional” look, which is nice. It’s not a bad option, but some of them can be expensive. In most cases, it’s all up to what parents want to do because they generally pay for it.

Most people that I asked said that they had just asked a friend or a family member. Really, that’s probably the cheapest and easiest option out there. All you need is a connection to a person who knows how to work a camera and who owns one. However, sometimes these pictures don’t come out exactly how you want them.

My own experience was phenomenal honestly. I had mine done by my close friend Hayley Phillips, who recently started taking photos for events and things like senior pictures. She went to Heritage, so she had themed props for the photoshoot like her cap and gown. I wanted to go to downtown Chattanooga, a nature trail in Ringgold, and the school. I did have a change of clothes from casual to nicer for downtown. I really enjoyed the experience. As you decide, know that there are plenty of options for senior pictures.