STAY AHEAD

K.+Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

Karli Thornburg, Sports Writer

There are plenty of people who complain and whine about the one hour and 30 minute classes, but some people, like myself, take advantage of them. In some classes – I’m not gonna lie – the teacher will talk the entire time. While those teachers talk the entire time, you could be doing work you need to catch up on. For example, in Journalism, I have articles that I need to write, so I work on them during my class periods when I have down time. In all honesty, your teachers probably wouldn’t care if you were actually working on things. If you have down time and you have things that need to be done, why would you waste an hour and 30 minutes on doing nothing when you could be completing that homework you were supposed to do for the next class or the project that is due next class? If you didn’t have anything to do during the class you’re in, you could always use that down time to study for a test you have in a class or take notes for the class you’re in at that moment. You could always work on things you have due in the future and get caught up. If you’re behind in classes and you have extra time in class, use it. Take advantage of the time you have to get work done. The teachers you have will be more than happy to see you getting work done. Getting behind in classes, especially in high school, is a struggle and is hard to make up, so be smart and use the time you get; make something happen. Get your work done, and stay ahead and caught up.