GREAT DOGGOS

K.+Thornburg
Back to Article
Back to Article

GREAT DOGGOS

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

Karli Thornburg, Sports Writer

The history of Great Danes has gone back for many of years. Great Danes originated from Germany in 36 B.C. The Great Dane is a large german breed of domestic dog known for its giant size. The German name of the breed is, “Deutsche Dogge,” or “German Mastiff.” The Great Dane is one of the tallest dog breeds.

According to akc.org, the average height of a Great Dane is 30-32 inches (male) and 28-30 inches (female). The weight of a dane is 140-175 pounds (male) and 110-140 pounds (female). Great Danes are amazing dogs and are great companions. Although they only live up to 10 years, they will be the best dog you will have.

There are many types of Great Danes: a fawn (a golden color with a black mask), a brindle, (fawn and black intermixed all over the body in a tiger stripe pattern), a blue, (steel blue, which is a type of grey), a black, or a harlequin, (white with irregular black patches throughout the body).

My experience with Great Danes has been amazing. I have two Great Danes: a harlequin and a black Great Dane. The harlequin’s name is Ace, and the black one is Koda. Great Danes have a lot of feelings; they’re very sensitive. They’re very loyal and loveable to their owners, as well as protective. If you train your dog the right way, you’ll have a best friend. Great Danes have a personality that no other dog will have, and they’re clumsy because they’re so big. They are really vocal, and they want all of your attention or as much of it as they can get. Great Danes are basically big babies; they think they’re lap dogs, and they’ll sleep in bed with you like they’re not 150 pounds and take up the whole bed.

Karli Thornburg, Sports Writer

Karli Thornburg is a sophomore at Heritage, and it’s her first year taking Journalism. She is a soccer player and has been for 3 years now. She likes...

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

HERITAGE IS CLOSING

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

WORKING GIRL (PT. 2)

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

TACO.

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

A SONG FOR A BUMPY ROAD

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE . . .

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

OOPS MAK DID IT AGAIN

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

CASSIE THE COOKIE MONSTER

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

WHY STEM

• GREAT DOGGOS

Editorials

ONE LAST PERFORMANCE

GREAT DOGGOS